This page provides definitions for commonly used financial terms.
- Tax form used to report income to non-resident alien shareholders. This form must be mailed by March 15.
- Tax form used to report sales of full or fractional shares of stock. Beginning with tax year 2011, Form 1099-B also includes the cost basis of shares sold, where applicable.
- Tax form used to report income to U.S. Citizens. This form must be mailed by January 31.
- Tax form used to report interest on bonds, savings accounts and checking accounts.
- Tax form used to report distributions from pensions, IRA's or annuities. Computershare does not mail out this form. The custodian of the account does.
- See also SEC 17AD Rules. A set of rules outlined by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding the regulations by which transfer agents must abide. These include directives on time frames for processing requests, penalties for non-compliance, terminology as it applies to transfer operations, etc.
- A retirement account sponsored by an employer. Computershare offers a 401K plan to its employees.